Tumbling, strength and flexibility training, stunting, and dance movement are all part of this energetic class. Classes are graded according to agility and strength with minimum age requirements to ensure appropriate training.
Class age groups
- Intro to Acrobatical dance – Minimum 4 years old
- Level 1 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 6 years old with a basic understanding of handstands, forward rolls, cartwheels, and handstands. Must be able to demonstrate a bridge.
- Level 2 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 8 years old and ability to demonstrate a strong handstand, cartwheel, forward and backward roll, back bends from standing, and kicking over from bridge. Basic level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 3 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 8 years old and ability to demonstrate forward or backward walkovers, handstand forward rolls, round offs, strong side splits and split jumps, and have a general knowledge of front handsprings. Sound level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 4 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 10 years old and ability to demonstrate forward and backward walkovers, strong round off, sound front handsprings, front and side splits, strong split jumps, and general knowledge of aerial flip. Good level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
What to wear
Leggings and a fitted top, or a bodysuit or leotard (think Cirque du Soleil). No shoes required.