Acrobatical Dance classes at StreetTread are inspired by the likes of Cirque du Soleil and the movie Bring It On. We are associated and trained by Acrobatic Arts Inc and follow their amazing progressive training program that allows us to practice acro in a safe way that keeps the students bodies protected too!
Tumbling, strength and flexibility training, stunting, and dance movement are all part of this energetic class. Classes are graded according to agility and strength first, with minimum age requirements to ensure appropriate training.
Class age groups
- Intro to Acrobatical dance – Minimum 4 years old
- Level 1 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 6 years old with a basic understanding of handstands, forward rolls, cartwheels, and handstands. Must be able to demonstrate a bridge.
- Level 2 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 8 years old and ability to demonstrate a strong handstand, cartwheel, forward and backward roll, back bends from standing, and kicking over from bridge. Basic level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 3 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 10 years old and ability to demonstrate forward or backward walkovers, handstand forward rolls, round offs, strong side splits and split jumps, and have a general knowledge of front handsprings. Sound level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 4 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 12 years old and ability to demonstrate forward and backward walkovers, strong round off, sound front handsprings, front and side splits, strong split jumps, and general knowledge of aerial flip. Good level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 5 Acrobatical dance – Minimum 12 years old and ability to demonstrate strong handstand and handstand walking, strong flexibility, strong front and back walkovers, front and back handsprings, front or side ariels. Strong level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Beginner Acrobatical dance – Teens 12+
- Competitive Acrobatics Team – It’s time to take those amazing skills to the streets! In this class we will perfect our skills in a routine that we will take to compete against other studios. This class must be taken alongside another Acrobatics class at StreetTread and an audition will be required to be accepted into the team.
What to wear
Leggings and a fitted top, or a bodysuit or leotard (think Cirque du Soleil). No shoes required.