Acrobatical Dance classes at StreetTread are inspired by the likes of Cirque du Soleil and the movie Bring It On. We are associated and trained by Acrobatic Arts Inc and follow their amazing progressive training program that allows us to practice acro in a safe way that keeps the students bodies protected too!
Tumbling, strength and flexibility training, stunting, and dance movement are all part of this energetic class. Classes are graded according to agility and strength first, with minimum age requirements to ensure appropriate training.
NEW LEVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR IN STUDIO ACRO CLASSES:
COVID REGULATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE: Thank you for understanding that we have these requirements in place to keep your child safe while they keep up their skills without us spotting. We also are restricted with our mat use and need to prepare that we will be mostly on Yoga Mats for all our levels until government restrictions ease. Please make sure you enrol them for the correct level to keep them safe!
- Tiny Tumblers – 3 to 5 years of age. No minimum requirements for this class!
- Intro to Acrobatical dance – 4 to 6 years of age. Must have a basic knowledge of pre handstands, bridge prep, and show a basic knowledge of balancing and flexibility skills.
- Level 1 Acrobatical dance – Minimum of 6 years of age. Must have the ability to demonstrate, unassisted, and have a basic understanding of handstands, forward rolls, backward rolls, cartwheels, and handstands. Must be able to demonstrate a bridge.
- Level 2 Acrobatical dance – Minimum of 7 years of age. Must have the ability to demonstrate, unassisted, a strong handstand, cartwheel, forward and backward roll, back bends from standing, and kicking over from bridge. Basic level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 3 Acrobatical dance – Minimum of 10 years of age. Must have the ability to demonstrate, unassisted, all the Level 2 components plus forward or backward walkovers, handstand forward rolls, round offs, strong side splits and split jumps, and have a general knowledge of front handsprings and side aerials. Sound level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 4 Acrobatical dance – Minimum of 11 years of age. Must have the ability to demonstrate, unassisted, strong handstand and handstand walking, forward and backward walkovers, strong round off, sound front handsprings, front and side splits, strong split jumps, side aerials, and have a good knowledge of front aerials and back handspring preparation. Good level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 5 Acrobatical dance – By Trial only – Must have the ability to demonstrate, unassisted, strong handstand and handstand walking, strong flexibility, strong front and back walkovers, front and back handsprings, front or side aerials. Strong level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Level 6 Acrobatical dance – By Trial Only – Must have the ability to demonstrate all of Level 5 skills, plus basic handstand presses and pirouettes, and have a good knowledge of front and back saults and round off back layouts. Strong level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
- Beginner Acrobatical dance – Teens 12+
- Competitive Acrobatics Team – It’s time to take those amazing skills to the streets! In this class we will perfect our skills in a routine that we will take to compete against other studios. This class must be taken alongside another Acrobatics class at StreetTread and an audition will be required to be accepted into the team.
What to wear
Leggings and a fitted top, or a bodysuit or leotard (think Cirque du Soleil). No shoes required.