Meet StreetTread’s team of highly trained teachers.
Our team bring a wealth of talent and experience to our classes
and they love to share everything they know.
Dance and music has always been a passion in Michelle’s life. She has danced in the styles of Ballet, Jazz, Modern and lyrical, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Tap, and Acrobatics. Training professionally in dance, following high school, at Brent Street Studios in Sydney, Michelle then moved on to performing locally in crews and corporate events around Brisbane. With a desire to expand her skills internationally she took to training, performing, and teaching in the UK, USA, and Canada. Now with 15 years of teaching experience at schools including Mad Dance House, All That Dance, and Premier Dance Studio, Michelle is starting her own street feel dance school to pass her passion and love for dance on to kids out there.
- Diploma of Modern Teaching FATD 2003
- Brent Street Studios Full Time Course SYDNEY 2003
- Bachelor of Leisure Management majoring in Tourism GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY 2005
- Acrobatics Arts Teachers Level 1 Certificate 2020
- Level 1 Gymnastics coach GYMNASTICS AUSTRALIA 2006
- Tour Guide & Dance Choreographer for All That Dance USA Tour 2010
- NRL Cheerleader 2015/2016
- Brisbane Heat Dance Crew 2015/2016
- First Aid Certificate
- Blue Card
China has had a passion for hip hop and all things dance for as long as she can remember. She has been dancing at Mill Street Studios (formerly known as Kim’s Dance Studio) in Goodna, Ipswich for 15 years where she fell in love with dance culture. China is trained in hip hop, jazz, CSTD tap and ballet, contemporary/lyrical, musical theatre and has been competing in dance for almost 10 years. China is also currently dancing and training with one of Australia’s best hip hop crews. The Home Base Dance Company and has competed in multiple hip hop competitions including House of Champions, Australian Dance Crew Championships, World Supremacy Battlegrounds and World of Dance. China has taught and choreographed for several Brisbane high schools and now she’s excited about taking her teaching experience to the next level at StreetTread Dance Studio.
- The Home Base Varsity Crew
- Queensland Reds Super Rugby Performance Team (The Home Base)
- Cert II in Active Volunteering
- Blue Card
Taitum – Student Teacher
Taitum has been an assistant teacher for acrobatics since 2019. She’s assisted with different levels of acrobatics and StreetTread events. Taitum became interested in acrobatics at the age of 9, practising at Danzart Studio. Taitum’s real passion began when she started competitive swimming and this has contributed to her strength and stamina in acrobatics. Taitum started with StreetTread at 13, learning acro with Michelle, which has built her skills for teaching.
- Grade 11 at Lourdes Hill College
- 1st year Bachelor of Fine Arts Dance, Queensland University of Technology
- Blue Card
- Edmund Rice Camp 2017
- Fraser Coast Dance Festival 2017
- Shalom College Sydney Dance Tour 2017
- Bundaberg Regional Arts Gallery Floral and Fauna High Tea 2016
- Riley Baldwin Youth Projects 2016
- The secret of Goanna Gully Musical 2010
Allyscia has been an assistant teacher at StreetTread since 2017. She’s assisted in teaching and preparing for our StreetTread events and in our Hip Hop & Groove classes. Allyscia has always had a passion in Dance, music, and Acrobatics. When Allyscia was 5 years old she did a year of contemporary dancing. She then continued to do gymnastics for 7 years at Club Dynamite. When Allyscia was 12 she started at StreetTread in styles of Acrobatics, Street Jazz, and Lyrical and has continued building her skills, flexibility, and strength each year.
Allyscia also has a passion for Makeup and is building up her own business. Check out her Instagram page @makeup_by_allyscia.